Experts recommend eating honey every day, due to its variety of benefits. It is known as the “sweet golden liquid” which can prove a real help for those who want to keep a healthy life. Also, this ingredient has a very interesting history because it was used in Egyptian tombs, thanks to its antifungal properties. Therefore, there is no wonder that this ingredient is highly appreciated in places like UK. People from this country are always looking for pure honey for sale and in most of the cases they use it a replacement for sugar.
Things to know about honey:
- Raw honey is highly recommended for those who want to keep fit, due to the fact that it contains only 64 calories. It is also fat-free which means that you do not have anything to worry about.
- Those who suffer from heart diseases should include honey in their daily alimentation, thanks to the fact that it is not only fat-free, but also cholesterol-free.
- In the last period, there are more and more people who suffer from allergies. But honey has the ability to reduce seasonal allergy symptoms. Why is it so recommended? Well, it soothes coughs and its consumption is 100% safe for both children and adults.
- For those who need energy drinks, early in the morning, a good solution is replacing coffee with green tea. But, the secret is to add two teaspoons of honey as to make it taste better.
- Believe it or not, there are studies which show that honey can boost memory. It contains a large quantity of antioxidants that can prevent cellular damage, a thing which can cause memory loss. Therefore, people do not have to worry about intellectual decline anymore, if they consume honey at least once a day.
Honey and the cosmetic industry- some things you should know:
Pure honey has been used as a main ingredient for many beauty products such as body lotions or face creams. Moreover, there are persons who claim that they use honey for their shampoos which can make their hair look shinier. But this is not all. Honey is a common ingredient which is used for treatments against dandruff. However, the procedure is very simple. You only have to add some five tablespoons of honey in warm water and then apply it on your hair.
On the other hand, women who do not have time to go to spa or wellness center claim that they transform their bathroom into a mini spa, by lighting candles and applying ground coffee mixed with honey as a remedy against cellulite, but also as relaxing method which can help them get rid of stress.